PEAR VALLEY, TX
PEAR VALLEY, TEXAS. Pear Valley is on Farm Road 504 sixteen miles northwest of Brady in northwestern McCulloch County. It began about 1908 as a widely scattered settlement called Saddle Creek. When the post office opened in 1910, the name was changed to Pear Valley. The population remained stable at forty-five from the 1930s to the 1960s. In 1964 it fell to twenty. Two churches and two businesses appeared on the 1987 county highway map, and the town reported thirty-seven residents in 1990. The population remained the same in 2000.
Jessie Laurie Barfoot, History of McCulloch County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1937).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "PEAR VALLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnp11), accessed March 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.