GOLDSBORO, TEXAS. Goldsboro, on U.S. Highway 84 in northwestern Coleman County, developed with the construction of the Pecos Valley and Northern Texas Railway in 1910–11. It was optimistically named for gold-colored stones in the neighboring hills. By 1940 the town had two businesses and 100 residents. The population was thirty from 1980 through 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.W. S. Gay, "GOLDSBORO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hng18), accessed February 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.