BEYERSVILLE, TEXAS. Beyersville is on Farm Road 619 thirty-five miles northeast of Austin in east Williamson County. The area was first settled shortly after the Civil War and was originally known as Dacus or Dacus Crossing. Beyersville became the town's official name in 1893, when Gustav Beyer established a post office, which remained in operation until 1909. The Dacus school opened in 1889, adopted the name Beyersville in 1897, and was consolidated with the Taylor schools in 1950. In 1896 Beyersville had an estimated population of only fifteen, but soon grew to include several retail stores and gins, two blacksmith shops, a garage, a tavern, and a molasses mill. The Order of Sons of Hermann hall served as a center for community activities. Beyersville's population was estimated at 100 from 1933 to 1970. From 1970 to 2000 it remained around seventy-five. At some time the community was moved one mile south of its original site, to a location known earlier as Happy Hill. In 1986 Beyersville had two taverns, a diesel and equipment repair shop, and a Czech fraternal hall.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Clara Stearns Scarbrough, "BEYERSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnb35), accessed February 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.