ELBERT, TX (POLK COUNTY)
ELBERT, TEXAS (Polk County). Elbert was north of Dallardsville and about sixty miles northwest of Beaumont in extreme eastern Polk County. Elbert Harrison owned a store at the site. A post office, named Elbert in honor of the merchant, operated there from 1891 to 1896. The community was not shown on county highway maps for the early 1980s.
A Pictorial History of Polk County, Texas, 1846–1910 (Livingston, Texas: Polk County Bicentennial Commission, 1976; rev. ed. 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "ELBERT, TX (POLK COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hke01), accessed February 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.