RANCHO DE LAS CABRAS STATE HISTORIC SITE
RANCHO DE LAS CABRAS STATE HISTORIC SITE. Rancho de las Cabras State Historic Site is off State Highway 97 just outside of Floresville in Wilson County. The park includes the site of a ranching outpost (the Rancho de las Cabras) of the San Francisco de la Espada Mission in San Antonio. Missionaries and Indians raised livestock at the ranch from 1731 to 1794. The site originally included fortifications and a chapel, but only a few foundations remained in the 1980s. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department bought the site from private owners in 1976 and 1977 for about $86,000. See also CALVILLO, MARÍA DEL CARMEN.
Ray Miller, Texas Parks (Houston: Cordovan, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "RANCHO DE LAS CABRAS STATE HISTORIC SITE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/ghr01), accessed March 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.